Android - what settings do I need?
When Battery Optimization is enabled, Android may restrict Location services and your GPS tracking information may be lost. For tracking to work properly on Android, you should disable any battery optimization settings including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management, Optimization or any third-party battery saver apps.
First, please check that your location settings are set to High accuracy in Settings > Connections > Location > Locating method > High accuracy.
Then, please follow these tips for your specific device:
Samsung: Settings > Apps > choose the menu in the upper right-hand > Special access > Optimize battery usage > All apps > Toggle OFF for SportSplits Tracker.
LG: Settings > Battery & power saving > Battery usage > Ignore optimizations > turn ON for SportSplits Tracker.
Motorola: Settings > Battery > choose the menu in the upper right > Battery optimization > Not optimized > All Apps > SportSplits Tracker > Don't Optimize.
HTC: Settings > Power > Battery optimization > Not optimized > All apps > SportSplits Tracker > Don't optimize > Done.
Sony: Settings > Battery > choose the menu in the upper right > Battery optimization > Apps > SportSplits Tracker.
Xiaomi (MIUI OS)
- Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Lite, Huawei Mate 10
Phone settings > Battery > App launch and then set SportSplits Tracker app to "Manage manually" and make sure everything is turned on.
- Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add SportSplits Tracker to "Protected Apps."
- Settings > Apps > Advanced > Ignore optimizations > Allowed > All apps > SportSplits Tracker > Allow.
- Huawei P9 Plus: Phone settings > Apps > Settings > Special access > Ignore battery optimization > select allow for SportSplits Tracker
- Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & performance > Manage apps battery usage > apps > SportSplits Tracker.
- Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > ensure you are using High Accuracy for Location Mode and allowing location access.
PLEASE NOTE: Some Androids may still experience issues due to manufacturer defects even when all settings are correct. The following article lists devices that are known to be problematic: https://dontkillmyapp.com/